I am attaching 2 letters that Mr Parker Sent out to Cub Families THIS PAST WEEK
May 15, 2020
Dear Class of 2020 and Cub Families,
I want to provide this opportunity to update you on senior-specific issues, especially graduation details. Despite the current social conditions, Anderson Union High School plans to continue this historic tradition to honor our seniors while still adhering to the state and county guidelines.
I have received input from parents and students, school administrators, counselors, teachers and other school staff members regarding plans for graduation. While none of us are happy with the current situation, AUHS is bound to follow the guidelines from the Shasta County Public Health Department, the Shasta County Board of Supervisors, and the Shasta County Office of Education. With that being, a traditional ceremony is prohibited. Even a modified traditional ceremony with limited guest is not allowed. Therefore, based on feedback from many of you, we are finalizing details of our Graduation Ceremony at Anderson River Park on June 4, 2020 at 6:00pm. As we determine specific details, I will send out those directions in a separate graduation letter. Please know that we are working hard to ensure each and every Anderson High School senior is recognized. Just a few details we have planned include:
· Driving ceremony with names announced via PA system as graduates enter and drive by school faculty.
· Graduation signs with each students’ photo will be displayed along the route and the ceremony the students will be allowed to keep their sign when they pick up their diploma.
· Photo opportunity for the graduate wearing their cap and gown with their family members as graduates receive their diploma jacket. (You can exit the car for the photo)
· Gift baskets from the Sober Grad committee will be distributed.
· Online raffle of sober grad items will be facilitated by the Sober Grad committee.
· The entire event will be recorded via digital video. The video will be edited and copies will be given to every senior and the video will include senior graduation speeches.
· If possible, the event will be livestreamed for those family members that cannot attend due to social distancing guidelines.
· Once competed, Graduation Announcements will be scrolling on our website and on the school’s Instagram and Facebook sites. An example of this announcement is below:
One final important item is in regards to caps and gowns. There are still many seniors that have not ordered caps and gowns. Order forms may be found on our school website at: https://www.auhsd.net/andersonunionhighschool_home.aspx in the Class of 2020 icon on the home page. If you are uncertain if your student ordered a cap and gown, please call the Counseling Office at 530-365-2741 x20005 or the Assistant Principal, Cathy Armstrong, at 530-365-2741 x20003.
Caps and gowns are shipped directly to the school, we plan on distributing them on May 29th from 8:00 -12:00 when seniors turn in their Chromebooks, textbooks, clean out their lockers, and receive their yearbooks.
As always, thank you for your continued support and your understanding in such an unprecedented time. It is my priority to celebrate our seniors for all of their hard work.
Dear Anderson Cub Families,
I hope this letter finds you all doing well. It is hard to believe that we are only a few weeks away from the end of the semester. I want to update you on a few items. As always, do not hesitate to contact us with questions, concerns or further clarifications.
Progress Reports and Grades
Fourth quarter progress reports are in the process of being mailed home. For updated grades, please continue to access Aeries as teachers are utilizing this online gradebook to track student progress, assignments and current grades.
Please keep in mind, that although the final semester grade will not fall lower than students’ third quarter grades, the progress reports will report current grades in each class. This is an excellent opportunity to discuss digital learning and assignment completion with your students. There is still time for students to work towards raising grades.
End of Year Checkout Schedule
We have scheduled specific days, from 8:00am-12:00 noon, for our students to return items and pick up yearbooks, etc. I have outlined the schedule below for students to return borrowed Chromebooks, return all textbooks, pick up remaining items from PE lockers and school lockers, pick up yearbooks and pay for any outstanding lunch accounts. Seniors will also be able to pick up their caps and gowns. Please follow all social distancing guidelines while on campus.
Friday, May 29th Seniors
Monday, June 1st Juniors
Tuesday, June 2nd Sophomores
Wednesday, June 3rd Freshmen
Graduation and Senior Activities
Senior students and families, I will be sending out a separate update specific to graduation plans, caps and gowns and any additional senior information.
Thank you for supporting your student. Please do not hesitate to contact myself or the Assistant Principal, Cathy Armstrong, at 530-365-2741 x20003, email@example.com. Stay safe and healthy.